IT Change Management Software
Simplify & Automate Change Management with Web Help Desk®®
Change management is one of the key disciplines of IT service management which ensures a systematic and efficient approach to managing change in order to minimize the number and impact of any related incidents upon service. Changes to IT infrastructure can arise from various factors including hardware or software change, change in a process, change in technology, change in configuration, etc. The practice of change management ensures that standardized methods, processes and procedures are used for all changes, and facilitate efficient and prompt handling of changes, while maintaining proper balance between the need for change and the potential impact of the change.
IT change management software such as a help desk can simplify this process by providing customizable tools to manage change requests and change approvals.
Benefits of IT Change Management
Every service and support team, however big or small, should prepare themselves for a proper change management process. Some of the benefits of an effective change management strategy are as follows:
- Helps you understand the characteristics of the change and prepare for it
- Allows you to implement a process to navigate the required change
- Brings clarity to why change is necessary and what it will achieve
- Enables a clear and transparent approval process for the change
- Controlled change implementation helps avoid service impact