Software Asset Management
Optimize your software asset inventory with Web Help Desk
Software asset management is a systematic process of managing and optimizing software installed in your IT infrastructure. It is an integral part of a broader business discipline—IT asset management—where you manage software assets at all stages of their lifecycles from purchase to deployment, maintenance, usage, and decommissioning.
Benefits of software asset management
Software asset management serves different purposes in organizations depending on their IT infrastructure, software portfolio, business goals, user base, etc. Deploying a robust software asset management application helps you:
- Control and optimize software procurement and maintenance costs.
- Reduce legal risks and compliance issues.
- Maximize the value of software assets.
- Streamline and automate IT processes.
- Improve end-user productivity and efficiency.